Chameleon

Chameleon

An endless smile wreathing my face,
never faltering...
No matter the obstacles
strewn across my path.
The pain courses ubiquitously 
through my veins.
My thoughts reaching within,
flicking a switch...
watching dispassionately
as anger fades to nothing.
An enthralled audience gazes
at my seemingly unaffected state.
A capricious mind doing anything
necessary to achieve the balance
it must maintain.
Insidious emotion forcefully 
locked away...
awaiting further analysis.
This regimented process bringing,
not even a flicker of disquiet forward
to grace my countenance.
All consuming apathy, once again,
pervades my soul,
As I calmly peruse
my plethora of disguises...
Before my eyes alight,
with bonne chance,
Upon my masque of choice...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart