Intro to Life as I see it :)

      All this open space for my thoughts...a bit overwhelming, really. What could I possibly have to say that anyone would be remotely interested in? lol. I am surrounded, in this world, by so many amazing people...so in the scheme of things a person feels like a tiny dot in the midst of humanity...I don't live a megawatt life but I am the blessed mother of 2 daughters and a stepson and stepdaughter...happily married and of the working class...and, though, I know that no one will probably ever read this, the most important thing I have ever learned is: Life is, very simply, what you make of it...whether you are rich, poor, healthy or otherwise...you make the choice to be happy with what you have. It isn't a choice that, once made, is set in stone...it is an ongoing decision that has to be made every day. You can always better yourself but you must always be happy with who you are before you can truly be happy with anything else...this includes being happy with other people. You cannot depend on others for your happiness...they will eventually let you down, without meaning to, because, frankly, they have their own lives to live and their own happiness to be masters of...happiness comes from WITHIN
   
     I keep my life simple. I will probably never make huge strides in the world though I champion many causes. I will, more than likely, just keep quietly raising my children (while loudly cheering them on at whichever sport they are playing, much to their chagrin), working my jobs, standing by my husband's side (when I'm not tripping and falling over due to my innate clumsiness) and just feeling blessed to be alive! My only major goal is one that is close to my heart...I want to make as many people smile as I can on my way through so that when I am gone they will remember me with a chuckle...My legacy will be laughter because there is not enough of it in this world.
     
     I am, and will always be, the capricious tomboy in my ballcap, converses, and flannel shirt who writes a poem now and then and often has a "how did I end up on my butt" confused look on her face.  I am so gloriously happy to be who I am and my choice of happiness is such a beautiful gift! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart