Orion's Dream

Orion's Dream

The sun alights
upon the dewed grass,
forming a thousand diamonds 
to guide my path.
My heart creates its own erratic cadence
at the thought of being 
graced with your presence.
You, my most coveted dream,
My darkest secret...

Quietly traipsing after the sound
of your voice,
Catching breath-stealing glimpses
of you amidst the trees.
Branches dipping down,
concealing me from a world
unable to understand.
Trying vainly to quiet
my capricious mind...
Thoughts of you swamping me,
as a beach at high tide.
Envious of all blessed enough
to share in your time.

But, alas, the lives we've chosen
are galaxies apart...
Mine, that of a 
lonely satellite heart.
So, I shall steal stealthily by...
shining quietly upon your face.
Helplessly drawn closer...
By the gravity of your gaze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of the Other

Left

Idle Comfort