Purely Tainted

Purely Tainted
 
Your love before me
so precious and rare.
I dare not taint it
with poison-tipped fingers.
I deserve not this gift
of lingering devotion,
this bounty of grace
and boundless adoration.
I gaze upon you and
I am blinded by your pureness...
I am damaged and undeserving
of such beauty.
The evil within my soul hearkens to
grab hold of your angelic soul
and see it twisted with discontentment.
Loneliness wishes to
perch upon you doorstep and
wait you bid it enter.
Jealousy wishes to settle within your heart
as a blackened root of malice...
spreading it's vines of hatred and 
stealing the innocence of your soul...
Until, one day, I meet your eyes and
gaze into twin pools of resentment.
Essence shattering...my love lies hidden
within my dormant soul.
My arms cage my chest..
as half my heart is torn from breast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chastised

Idle Comfort

Fateful Heart